Temples and Dewalas in the districts of Ratnapura, Monaragala and Badulla, controlled under Section (4) 1 and (4) 2 of the Buddhist Temporalities Ordinance No. 19 of 1931, are included.
All activities relevant to these places of worship are being carried by the Regional Office, Ratnapura in accordance with the provisions of the Buddhist Temporalities Ordinance No 19 of 1931. Among suchservices are:
- Assisting in the appointment of custodians and Basnayaka Nilames to temples
- Handing over the properties of places of worship to the custodians.
- Leasing of lands belonging to the temples
- Getting down annual accounts reports, checking them and releasing funds.
- Taking action relevant to the settlement of disputes connected to temples.
- Assisting the Perahera activities of the Ruhunu Maha Kathragama Dewalaya.
- Supervisory activities regarding gratification money,\
- Assisting in the settlement of land disputes
- Providing recommendation for felling of trees and transport of timber.
- Providing recommendation for gem licences
- Taking action regarding Bank accounts of Bhikkus who have passed away
- Taking action regarding complaints, appeals etc. takes a prominent place.